Showing 2494 results

Authority record

American College of Surgeons

  • NA0008
  • Corporate body

The American College of Surgeons was the accrediting body for hospitals until the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Hospitals was created in 1951.

Beth Israel Medical Center (New York, N.Y.)

  • NA0044
  • Corporate body

The Beth Israel Hospital was founded in New York City in 1889. Initially established to serve the Lower East Side's growing population of Eastern European Jewish immigrants, the Hospital grew into a major charitable hospital serving patients of all backgrounds. In the 1890s it was based out of existing structures on the Lower East Side, but in 1902 the Hospital moved to a purpose-built hospital building on Jefferson and Cherry Streets, and in 1929 it relocated to its present location on East 17th Street. In the ensuing years the Hospital affiliated with numerous other medical institutions and expanded its 17th Street campus through the construction of new buildings and the purchase of adjacent structures, including the neighboring Manhattan General Hospital. In 1965 the institution was renamed the Beth Israel Medical Center to reflect this growth. In 1997, Beth Israel joined several other New York City hospitals in the establishment of Continuum Health Partners, a multi-hospital system. Following the merger of Continuum Health Partners and The Mount Sinai Medical Center in 2013, Beth Israel became a part of the newly established Mount Sinai Health System. It was renamed Mount Sinai Beth Israel the following year.

Mount Sinai Beth Israel (New York, N.Y.)

  • NA0045
  • Corporate body

The Beth Israel Hospital was founded in New York City in 1889 and opened its first inpatient location in 1891. Initially established to serve the Lower East Side's growing population of Eastern European Jewish immigrants, the Hospital grew into a major charitable hospital serving patients of all backgrounds. In the 1890s it was based out of existing structures on the Lower East Side, but in 1902 the Hospital moved to a purpose-built hospital building on Jefferson and Cherry Streets. Construction on the Dazian Pavilion, the first building of Beth Israel's main campus on 17th Street on Stuyvesant Square, began in 1922. The building was completed in 1929. In the early 1930s Beth Israel affiliated with the Jewish Maternity Hospital, and in 1946, following the gradual absorption of the Maternity Hospital by the obstetrics department of Beth Israel, the two institutions were legally consolidated into a single entity under the Beth Israel Hospital Association name. In the ensuing years the Hospital affiliated with numerous other medical institutions and expanded its 17th Street campus through the construction of new buildings and the purchase of adjacent structures. In 1965, following Beth Israel's acquisition of the neighboring Manhattan General Hospital, the institution became known as the Beth Israel Medical Center. In 1997, Beth Israel merged with St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center and the Long Island College Hospital to form the Greater Metropolitan Health System, whose name was changed to Continuum Health Partners in 1998. Following the merger of Continuum Health Partners and The Mount Sinai Medical Center in 2013, Beth Israel became a part of the newly established Mount Sinai Health System. It was renamed Mount Sinai Beth Israel the following year.

Ambrosia, Todd F.

  • NA0006
  • Person

Todd F. Ambrosia has been the Dean of the Phillips School of Nursing at Mount Sinai since August 2015.

Results 1 to 10 of 2494