Name and location of repository
Level of description
Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine
- 1934-2010 (Creation)
- 14 Boxes (67 inches)
- Electronic material
Name of creator
In 1963 The Mount Sinai Hospital received a charter from New York State for The Mount Sinai Hospital School of Medicine. This later became the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. In 1967 the School affiliated with The City University of New York. The School opened to students in 1968. In 1999 the university affiliation was changed to New York University. This lasted until December 2010 when the Mount Sinai School of Medicine was accreditated without an outside university. In 2013 the name of the School was changed to the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
The Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine was established in 1934 as the Journal of The Mount Sinai Hospital. Distributed worldwide, the Journal presented the work of the research and teaching staff of the Hospital to the broader medical community. In 1970 its name was changed to the Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine, reflecting the transformation of Mount Sinai into an academic medical center with the opening of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. The journal ceased publication in 2012.
This is volume 3-77. Volumes 1-36 (1970-2010) are catalogued under Journal of The Mount Sinai Hospital. This is a hybrid collection of both paper and electronic material. The print edition ends in 2006.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
This material is available for use. Contact the Archives (MSArchives@mssm.edu) for access to these materials.
Items in this collection were scanned by the Internet Archive on behalf of the Mount Sinai Archives as part of a 2014 Digital Conversion Grant from the Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO).
Conditions governing reproduction
Languages of the material