The Church of the Holy Communion collection

Elementos de identidade

Código de referência

US AA102

Nome e localização da entidade custodiadora

Nível de descrição

Coleção

Título

The Church of the Holy Communion collection

Data(s)

  • 1854-1960 (Produção)

Dimensão

1 box (2.5 inches)

Nome do produtor

Elementos de conteúdo e estrutura

Âmbito e conteúdo

This is a small collection. Of particular significance are the two patient registers, or casebooks, of the Infirmary which report on the condition of the patients cared for there by the Sisterhood of the Holy Communion. The last page of the second volume refers to the transition to the new St. Luke’s Hospital in 1858. The collection also includes several historical sketches of the church, a program from the 90th anniversary service, a short biography of Anne Ayres, the first Sister, is included as well as a portrait of her, and pictures of the church building. (Note that these have been moved to the Archives Photograph Collection.) A Founders’ Day sermon from 1927 and a charming Christmas card from a Miss Roberts and Sister Anne are also found in the collection.

Sistema de arranjo

Materials were not collected in a systematic fashion, but were brought to the medical librarian when found on the Hospital premises, or donated by former students or staff or by their families. Therefore, an order was imposed by the archivist. Photographs have been moved into the Archives Photograph Collection

Condições de acesso e uso dos elementos

Condições de acesso

This material is available for use. Contact the Archives (MSArchives@mssm.edu) for access to these materials.

Acesso físico

Acesso técnico

Condiçoes de reprodução

Idiomas do material

  • inglês

Escrita do material

Notas ao idioma e script

Instrumentos de descrição

Instrumento de pesquisa gerado

Aquisição e avaliação de elementos

História custodial

It is unknown when these materials came into the possession of the Richard Bolling Memorial Library at St. Luke's Hospital Center, but it is believed that over the course of time historical items found around the Hospital buildings were deposited in the Library for safe-keeping. The materials were transferred to the Arthur H. Aufses, Jr., MD Archives in June of 2016 after the 2013 merger of the Continuum Health Partners, Inc. (consisting of St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Beth Israel Medical Center and the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary) and The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Fonte imediata de aquisição

Informações de avaliação, seleção e eliminação

Ingressos adicionais

Elementos de materiais relacionados

Existência e localização de originais

Existência e localização de cópias

Material arquivístico relacionado

St. Luke's Hospital Records; St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Records; The Rev. William A. Muhlenberg Collection.

Elemento de notas

Notas especializadas

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Legacy ID from CMS

AA.001146

OCLC Number

1037275655

Elemento de controle de descrição

Regras ou convenções

Fontes utilizadas

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Zona da incorporação