The Church of the Holy Communion collection

Identity elements

referentie code

US AA102

Name and location of repository

Beschrijvingsniveau

Collectie

Titel

The Church of the Holy Communion collection

Datum(s)

  • 1854-1960 (Vervaardig)

Omvang

1 box (2.5 inches)

Naam van de archiefvormer

Content and structure elements

Bereik en inhoud

This is a small collection. Of particular significance are the two patient registers, or casebooks, of the Infirmary which report on the condition of the patients cared for there by the Sisterhood of the Holy Communion. The last page of the second volume refers to the transition to the new St. Luke’s Hospital in 1858. The collection also includes several historical sketches of the church, a program from the 90th anniversary service, a short biography of Anne Ayres, the first Sister, is included as well as a portrait of her, and pictures of the church building. (Note that these have been moved to the Archives Photograph Collection.) A Founders’ Day sermon from 1927 and a charming Christmas card from a Miss Roberts and Sister Anne are also found in the collection.

Ordeningstelsel

Materials were not collected in a systematic fashion, but were brought to the medical librarian when found on the Hospital premises, or donated by former students or staff or by their families. Therefore, an order was imposed by the archivist. Photographs have been moved into the Archives Photograph Collection

Conditions of access and use elements

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging

This material is available for use. Contact the Archives (MSArchives@mssm.edu) for access to these materials.

Physical access

Technical access

Voorwaarden voor reproductie

Languages of the material

  • Engels

Scripts of the material

Taal en schrift aantekeningen

Toegangen

Generated finding aid

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Geschiedenis beheer

It is unknown when these materials came into the possession of the Richard Bolling Memorial Library at St. Luke's Hospital Center, but it is believed that over the course of time historical items found around the Hospital buildings were deposited in the Library for safe-keeping. The materials were transferred to the Arthur H. Aufses, Jr., MD Archives in June of 2016 after the 2013 merger of the Continuum Health Partners, Inc. (consisting of St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Beth Israel Medical Center and the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary) and The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Directe bron van verwerving

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information

Aanvullingen

Related materials elements

Bestaan en verblifplaats van originelen

Bestaan en verblijfplaats van kopieën

Related archival materials

St. Luke's Hospital Records; St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Records; The Rev. William A. Muhlenberg Collection.

Notes element

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Legacy ID from CMS

AA.001146

OCLC Number

1037275655

Description control element

Regels of conventies

Sources used

Trefwoorden

Geografische trefwoorden

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik