The Church of the Holy Communion collection

Zone d'identification

Cote

US AA102

Nom et localisation du dépôt

Niveau de description

Collection

Titre

The Church of the Holy Communion collection

Date(s)

  • 1854-1960 (Création/Production)

Importance matérielle

1 box (2.5 inches)

Nom du producteur

Zone du contenu et de la structure

Portée et contenu

This is a small collection. Of particular significance are the two patient registers, or casebooks, of the Infirmary which report on the condition of the patients cared for there by the Sisterhood of the Holy Communion. The last page of the second volume refers to the transition to the new St. Luke’s Hospital in 1858. The collection also includes several historical sketches of the church, a program from the 90th anniversary service, a short biography of Anne Ayres, the first Sister, is included as well as a portrait of her, and pictures of the church building. (Note that these have been moved to the Archives Photograph Collection.) A Founders’ Day sermon from 1927 and a charming Christmas card from a Miss Roberts and Sister Anne are also found in the collection.

Mode de classement

Materials were not collected in a systematic fashion, but were brought to the medical librarian when found on the Hospital premises, or donated by former students or staff or by their families. Therefore, an order was imposed by the archivist. Photographs have been moved into the Archives Photograph Collection

Zone des conditions d'accès et d'utilisation

Conditions d’accès

This material is available for use. Contact the Archives (MSArchives@mssm.edu) for access to these materials.

Accès physique

Accès technique

Conditions de reproduction

Langue des documents

  • anglais

Écriture des documents

Notes de langue et graphie

Instruments de recherche

Générer l'instrument de recherche

Éléments d'acquisition et d'évaluation

Historique de la conservation

It is unknown when these materials came into the possession of the Richard Bolling Memorial Library at St. Luke's Hospital Center, but it is believed that over the course of time historical items found around the Hospital buildings were deposited in the Library for safe-keeping. The materials were transferred to the Arthur H. Aufses, Jr., MD Archives in June of 2016 after the 2013 merger of the Continuum Health Partners, Inc. (consisting of St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Beth Israel Medical Center and the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary) and The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Évaluation, élimination et calendrier de conservation

Accroissements

Sources complémentaires

Existence et lieu de conservation des originaux

Existence et lieu de conservation des copies

Sources complémentaires

St. Luke's Hospital Records; St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Records; The Rev. William A. Muhlenberg Collection.

Élément de notes

Notes spécialisées

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Legacy ID from CMS

AA.001146

OCLC Number

1037275655

Zone du contrôle de la description

Règles ou conventions

Sources utilisées

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Lieux

Zone des entrées