The Church of the Holy Communion collection

Elementos de identidad

Código de referencia

US AA102

Nombre y localización del repositorio

Nivel de descripción

Colección

Título

The Church of the Holy Communion collection

Fecha(s)

  • 1854-1960 (Creación)

Extensión

1 box (2.5 inches)

Nombre del productor

Área de contenido y estructura

Alcance y contenido

This is a small collection. Of particular significance are the two patient registers, or casebooks, of the Infirmary which report on the condition of the patients cared for there by the Sisterhood of the Holy Communion. The last page of the second volume refers to the transition to the new St. Luke’s Hospital in 1858. The collection also includes several historical sketches of the church, a program from the 90th anniversary service, a short biography of Anne Ayres, the first Sister, is included as well as a portrait of her, and pictures of the church building. (Note that these have been moved to the Archives Photograph Collection.) A Founders’ Day sermon from 1927 and a charming Christmas card from a Miss Roberts and Sister Anne are also found in the collection.

Sistema de arreglo

Materials were not collected in a systematic fashion, but were brought to the medical librarian when found on the Hospital premises, or donated by former students or staff or by their families. Therefore, an order was imposed by the archivist. Photographs have been moved into the Archives Photograph Collection

Condiciones de acceso y uso de los elementos

Condiciones de acceso

This material is available for use. Contact the Archives (MSArchives@mssm.edu) for access to these materials.

Acceso físico

Acceso técnico

Condiciones

Idiomas del material

  • inglés

Escritura(s) de los documentos

Notas sobre las lenguas y escrituras

Instrumentos de descripción

Generated finding aid

Elementos de adquisición y valoración

Historial de custodia

It is unknown when these materials came into the possession of the Richard Bolling Memorial Library at St. Luke's Hospital Center, but it is believed that over the course of time historical items found around the Hospital buildings were deposited in the Library for safe-keeping. The materials were transferred to the Arthur H. Aufses, Jr., MD Archives in June of 2016 after the 2013 merger of the Continuum Health Partners, Inc. (consisting of St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Beth Israel Medical Center and the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary) and The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

Origen del ingreso

Valoración, selección y eliminación

Acumulaciones

Elementos de material relacionado

Existencia y localización de originales

Existencia y localización de copias

Unidades de descripción relacionadas.

St. Luke's Hospital Records; St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center Records; The Rev. William A. Muhlenberg Collection.

Elemento notas

Notas especializadas

Identificador/es alternativo(os)

Legacy ID from CMS

AA.001146

OCLC Number

1037275655

Área de control de la descripción

Reglas o convenciones

Fuentes

Puntos de acceso

Puntos de acceso por lugar

Área de Ingreso